Glowing skin vitamins
I know that you can spend lot of money on vitamin supplements. Therefore, before starting this article I only want to tell you that, try to include vitamin rich food sources such as green leafy vegetables, fresh fruits, different nuts and seeds, dairy products, fish and poultry products in to your diet menu rather than going for a synthetic multi vitamin tablets. However, vitamins are vitamins and are essential for your body as well as for your skin. But, if you do not want to make a strict diet menu then it is good to obtain them from supplements. Here are some vitamins for clear glowing skin.
Vitamins for glowing skin
- It is well known for its anti aging properties. It helps combat free radicals.
- It is essential for collagen production. Lack of collage results in premature aging, wrinkles and dull skin.
- Use vitamin C based creams for maximum benefits.
Good sources - Citrus fruits, bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, and dark leafy greens
RDA = 500 - 1,000 milligrams daily.
- Vitamin E is very beneficial in marinating healthy glowing skin.
- It is loaded with anti aging properties.
- It helps improve skin texture.
- Vitamin E is very effective in the treatment of wrinkles, sun damage, scars, age spots and other skin related problems.
- For maximum benefits – before taking a bath, apply a vitamin E capsule on your skin for 20 to 30 minutes. Or use it on your face 20 to 30 minutes before shaving and after shaving use a herbal face wash to remove it completely.
Good Sources- Vegetable oils, nuts, seeds, olives, spinach, and asparagus.
RDA- 400 mg daily
- Vitamin A is another skin friendly vitamin for glowing skin.
- Vitamin A deficiency results in dry and flaky skin.
- It gives the skin a smooth and youthful appearance.
Good Sources- carrot, pumpkin, broccoli, peas, spinach, sweet potato, turnip, tomatoes, wheat germ, beef, chicken, eggs, fish, cheese and sea foods.
- Vitamin K is also essential for healthy glowing skin.
- It is helpful in the treatment of dark circles, bruises, skin discoloration and puffiness under eyes.
Good Sources- Spinach, brussels sprouts, raw spinach, cabbage, raw cucumber, lettuce, peas, parsley, celery and asparagus.
RDA – Adult female = 65 mg
Adult male = 80 mg
- Vitamin B7 or biotin and niacin or Vitamin B3 both are very essential for glowing, hydrated and clear skin.
Good sources of biotin- Bananas, eggs, oatmeal, rice, etc.
Good sources of niacin – carrot, dates, peanuts, lentils, broccoli tomatoes, milk, liver, fish, red meat, turkey and pork.