Home tips for glowing skin
In order to get a glowing radiant skin, you need to make a balanced skin care routine by following some simple diet and lifestyle tips and using some simple home based remedies. Homemade recipes are lighter on your pockets and safe for your skin.
Diet and lifestyle tips
- First of all, try to make a healthy – skin friendly diet menu. Here are some tips
- Include at least 3 ounces of whole grain breads, cereals, rice, crackers or pasta in to your diet menu.
- Include a wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Include calcium rich sources like fat-free or low-fat milk and other dairy products.
- Try to go for a variety of low-fat or lean meats, poultry and fish.
- Include antioxidants and vitamins rich food sources such as berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackcurrants); black grapes; Brazil nuts; broccoli; carrots; cherries; chestnuts; hazelnuts; kale; raisins; papaya; peas; peppers; prunes; spinach; sweet potatoes and tomatoes.
- Try to keep your body well hydrated by drinking lot of water throughout the day. Water is the best natural cleanser that helps to get rid of toxins. Also, we know that hydrated skin = glowing skin.
- Sun is responsible for wrinkles and other skin related problems therefore, it is very important to protect your skin from sun exposure.
- Never forget to wash the face every morning and before going to bed at night.
- Moisturize your skin on a daily basis.
- Stay away from stress.
- Take a good sleep of minimum seven hours daily.
Home tips for glowing skin
- Apply a mixture of lemon juice with honey on your face. Use this recipe at least twice a week.
- Take a mashed banana, add one tablespoon of tomato juice, apply this mixture on the face for about 20 minutes and then wash off with warm water.
- Make a paste by mixing fuller’s earth + lemon juice + rose water + tomato juice+ cucumber juice + honey; apply this mixture on your face, neck and hands. Wait for at least 20 to 30 minutes before washing it with water.
- In order to reduce wrinkles and skin discoloration mix 7 to 8 drops of tomato juice with 1 to 2 drops of lime juice and honey. Apply it on your neck and face.
- Make a paste by mixing turmeric powder + lemon juice + gram flour and apply it on the face for smooth glowing skin.
- Apply a mixture of almond oil + honey on the face. Use this recipe for 5-7 days for healthy glowing and radiant skin.
- Make another mixture by mixing orange peal powder + roasted gram powder in equal quantity. Add water or rose water or raw milk and use it as a substitute to soap.
- Make a paste of red sandal powder and coconut milk and apply on the face for soft supple skin.
- If you are suffering from dark underarms and neck problem then apply a mixture of lemon juice + cucumber juice + a pinch of turmeric on affected areas daily. Wash with warm water after 20 minutes.