Watermelon for glowing skin
Watermelon is well known for its high water content and can be called more than a thirst quencher. There are many benefits of watermelon to your overall health like it is beneficial in the treatment of asthma, atherosclerosis, diabetes, colon cancer, arthritis etc. It is fully loaded with antioxidants. These antioxidants help in neutralizing the free radicals in the body. Free radicals can cause lot of damage to your body.
Watermelon is very beneficial for your skin as well. It helps keep your body well hydrated and we all know “hydrated skin = glowing skin”. It is very helpful in removing blemishes on the skin. It is a good source of vitamin A, B and C vitamins, these all vitamins are very essential, if you want to keep the skin fresh, radiant and hydrated. The acids found in this fruits act as exfoliates.
Not only water melon but, its seeds are also beneficial for getting a real skin glow, as seeds are loaded with omega 6 and omega 9 essential fatty acids. This oil has a very good absorption level which readily penetrates the skin and dissolves the sebum buildup.
How to use watermelon for glowing skin?
Watermelon for clear skin - Watermelon Toner
Things you’ll need:-
1 cup watermelon pieces
2 tbsp. witch hazel
2 tbsp. water.
- Blend the watermelon pieces in a blender.
- Strain the liquid and add witch hazel + water.
- Apply this mixture on your face by using a cotton ball.
- The strong astringent properties and water content will definitely give you a fresh and clean face.
Works as a Exfoliate – For cleaning & tightening
- Take a cup of mashed watermelon chunks.
- Apply this paste on your face.
- Leave it on for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse it later.
Watermelon for dry skin
- Take a cup of mashed watermelon chunks mixed with a banana.
- Banana acts like a binding agent enhancing the effect of the watermelon.
Water melon for oily skin
- Make a mixture by mixing yogurt + watermelon.
- This mixture is good for exfoliating the skin.