How to Fix Oily Skin
It is really good to have an oily skin type, as oily skin is less prone to aging related problems like fine lines and wrinkles. But, there are many other problems related with oily skin such as pimples, acne, clogged pores, greasy skin etc. It is essential to make a good oily skin care routine to get rid of oil, dirt and other impurities from the skin. Given are some tips and remedies on how to fix oily skin.
How to Fix Oily Skin
First of all, make a regular skin care routine by including some basic steps in to it like cleansing, toning and moisturizing.
- Try to keep your face clean by washing it two to three times a day, but avoid over washing. You can use mild herbal face wash for this purpose.
- Skin toning is also necessary for oily skin. Use astringent (skin toners that suit excessive oily skin) for skin toning. Try to go for non-alcohol products.
- Moisturize your skin with a water based moisturizer.
Here are some remedies to fix oily skin naturally.
- Make a smooth paste of a peeled apple and three tablespoon of honey. Apply it on your clean face. Leave on for about 15 to 20 minutes and then wash off. It is an effective remedy for open pores.
- Make an exfoliating face mask for oily skin by combining 1 tablespoon of rice powder, 1 tablespoon of corn flour and lemon juice. Apply it on your face. Massage it on the face using gentle circular motions. Wait for few minutes and then wash off.
- Apply aloe vera gel to your face to absorb oil and clear out pores. Use it twice or thrice daily.
- Make a paste by mixing almond meal (ground almonds) and honey. Gentle rub it (don’t scrub) over your face with a hot washcloth and then rinse off.
- A mixture of lemon and cucumber juice is also beneficial in oily skin control.
Clay Deep Cleansing Mask to Fix Oily Skin Naturally
Green clay- 2 tablespoons
Honey- 1 tablespoon
Yogurt- 1 tablespoon
Lemon juice- few drops
Lavender oil- few drops
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Apply it over your clean face.
- Use it on a weekly basis.
Lastly, drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated. Water is the best natural cleanser. It helps eliminate toxins from the body. Eat a well balanced and healthy diet to keep your skin healthy and glowing all the time.