Dry Skin Patches on Forehead
Dry skin patches on forehead can be an embarrassing and itchy problem. Some common factors that are responsible for this condition include weather, skin care products, temperature, and other skin related problems such as eczema, psoriasis etc. One can use various home remedies to treat this condition naturally. But, if your condition is serious or you are with sensitive skin type then you must consult to a dermatologist before using any remedy or over the counter product. Some commonly used remedies for dry skin patches on forehead are listed below.
Remedies for Dry Skin Patches on Forehead
- One of the best steps to treat this condition is to change your soap and use a gentle, lye-free, fragrance-free soap substitutes made with added fats and oils. Try to wash your face no more than once a day and also avoid hot water.
- Frequent moisturizing is also essential. Try to moisturize your skin after taking bath or shower. Use a good quality petrolatum and lanoline based moisturizer.
- Soak a washcloth in cold milk and apply it over the affected area. Leave on for about 5 to 10 minutes. Use this remedy twice daily. It is a good natural remedy for an itchy skin.
- You can also make a moisturizing face mask to prevent and treat dry skin patches. One such effective face mask is to make a mixture by mixing one egg yolk with 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise and a teaspoon of aloe vera gel. Apply the resultant mixture over the affected area for about 15 to 20 and then rinse off with warm water.
- Apply vitamin e oil capsule’s liquid on the affected area. Use this remedy on a daily basis.Application of fresh aloe vera gel on the affected area is another good remedy for dry skin patches on forehead.
Now, use the above given tips and remedies to treat your condition naturally. Consult with a dermatologist to get an accurate and expert advice.