Itchy Skin at Night
Do you also feel an itchy skin at night in bed? Having an itchy skin at night is can have many causes. One the most common cause behind an itchy skin is skin allergy. This skin allergy can be due to an allergic reaction to fabric, detergents, skin care products etc. One of the best ways to treat this problem is to avoid such allergy causing substances as much as possible. Another possible cause of itchy skin at night is dehydration. Itchiness due to dehydration is very common in menopause.
Liver disease like liver Cirrhosis is another culprit. The production of bile byproducts increases due to liver disease which when travel to the skin can cause severe itchy skin like symptoms. Psoriasis is also responsible for this condition. Some common symptoms of psoriasis skin may include dry skin, red scaly skin patches and itchiness.
Over exposure to the sun, tanning beds, high temperatures may also cause irritation and itchiness. One of the simplest ways to avoid this condition is to keep your body hydrated and avoid over exposure to the hot temperature as much as possible. Also, try to avoid hot showers before going to bed at night. Use a good quality moisturizer to keep your skin moisturized and free from itching.
Here are some tips on how to prevent and treat itchy skin at night condition naturally.
Itchy Skin at Night Remedies
- One of the best ways to keep itchy skin at bay is to keep your skin well moisturized and hydrated. Do not forget to moisturize your skin using a quality moisturizer and also increase your fluid intake to stay hydrated throughout the day.
- Avoid hot water for bathing purpose, use lukewarm water instead.
- Take milk and oatmeal bath to get an instant relief from an itchy dry skin.
- Stay away from allergy causing substances such as harsh soaps, detergents, perfumes and deodorants. Try to use mild skin care products.
- Wear loose cotton clothes at night before going to your bed.
These were some causes, tips an remedies for itchy skin at night. Remember, making a good skin care routine and adopting some good personal hygiene habits can help prevent various skin related problems including itchy skin, to a great extent.